Thursday, August 5, 2010

Children of Bodom set to record new album, perform on Black Label Berserkus Tour in Des Moines



Children of Bodom has been very 'hit or miss' lately.

Blooddrunk had a few solid songs, like "Hellhounds on my Trail" and the title track, "Blooddrunk", Are You Dead Yet was a little stale, and I won't even get started on the covers album.

The last really great album the group put out was 2003's Hate Crew Deathroll (which is what took the band slightly away from the neoclassical style to all-out-heavy music).

Now, word is the band is preparing to record its next full-length album. If the band can somehow channel the energy and technicality found on the older discs (including my personal favorite, Follow the Reaper, and combine that with the heaviness of Hate Crew, then maybe Alexi Laiho and co. can finally get the respect they all deserve, while making us longtime fans happy.

However, it's not Bodom's job to impress us, so I guess we will just have to wait and see. In the mean time, Children of Bodom will be hitting the road and playing a show in Des Moines, Iowa, along with Black Label Society (whose newest album hits stores on August 10).

It should be interesting to see Zakk Wylde perform sober and Children of Bodom break out some new tracks.

Concert info is below:

Black Label Berserkus Tour
Featuring Black Label Society, Children of Bodom and Clutch.
7 Flags Event Center, Clive, IA
Fri, Oct 1, 2010 7:00 PM

1 comment:

Rob Liz said...

Welcome back Randy. Yeah I feel the same way about Bodom though my biggest problem is Alexei's vocals. And I have yet to meet a cover song by them that I liked for that very reason. I get some of it is tongue in cheek but to my ears it's horrible:)