Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Behemoth releases another cinematic video for 'Alas, Lord is Upon Me'



By now, many of you probably know that Behemoth vocalist Adam 'Nergal' Darski is undergoing treatment for an illness (of which he has not yet revealed).

I'm not going to make any speculations on his condition, just wishing him a speedy recovery. I can't say I agree with all his views, but Nergal has created some interesting and creative heavy music for the world, and hopefully he can continue creating soon.

Despite his sudden illness, Nergal and the rest of Behemoth were able to finish a new music video for "Alas, Lord is Upon Me" off the latest album Evangelion. Didn't follow the video's story too closely in the first viewing, but it is cinematic and I'm guessing Darski could talk for a long time about its subject matter (which is anti-Christian).

UPDATE: I originally tried to post the uncensored version of the video, saying, "I think the uncensored version would be Darski's preference," however, the video embed code won't allow me to do so. So, below is a censored video, but check out a better quality, uncensored video RIGHT HERE.

UPDATE 2: It was announced that Nergal actually has leukemia. I wish him the best of luck in fighting cancer and hope he pulls through to make even more extreme metal.

No comments: