Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Softer Side of Zakk Wylde - "Sold My Soul"

There was once a time when Zakk Wylde was not a booze-slamming, beard-growing, biker dude that always talked about drinking and banging in interviews.

Yes, Wylde once had a very sensitive side, which is showcased on the brilliant Book of Shadows album. Especially on one of my favorite acoustic tracks ever recorded, called "Sold My Soul".

Even if you don't like the Wylde of today, this song and video prove why he is revered as a guitar God. And he actually has a mean set of pipes (or at least had) - the vocal performance on this song is haunting.



"Sold My Soul"



Also check out a young Wylde rockin' the solo to the same song:

3 comments:

Chris B said...

Wow! Been a ZW fan for ever. I just watched the 8 minute solo with Zakk using the Damebag Razor he made for Zakk and at about 7 minute into it, he's using the tremelo and the low E string to make some wild metal guitar noises. When he bends the E string, I swear it is moving by itself! I can't tell how he's doing it, but it's pretty wicked! Watch that one, and watch the closeup on the strings at 7 minutes for about 30 seconds or more and watch the low E string bend itself!

Chris B said...

NOW I CAN'T FIND THE CLIP AGAIN! Any way you could get that clip up as a main topic. It would be a nice center piece, show a killer Zakk solo while demonstrating the one-of-a-kind guitar that was designed by Dimebag for Zakk Wylde only. Or at least tell me where I can find it again. THANKS!

Randy said...

Is this what you were looking for? Seems like it! Enjoy. Even gave you a shout out on the post.

http://theofficialmetalshowmetalblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/saturday-night-guitar-noodling-with.html