Thursday, March 5, 2009

Congratulations Lamb of God!

First off I just wanted to say congrats to Lamb of God who landed at the number two spot on the Billboard Charts after selling around 68,000 copies of the new album "Wrath". That is their best debut to date! ("Sacrament" sold 63,000)

I finally got the physical CD this week and I will be posting a review of it soon on The Metal Review.

The main point I wanted to bring up though is that God Forbid's new album "Earthsblood" only sold 5,400 copies in its first week of release. And while they charted at number 110 on the Billboard Charts and number two on the Heatseeker's chart, they still deserve to sell even more.

I ordered my copy online right away after seeing this. I tried to order the new CD here in Iowa City, but no store got it in so I was sick of waiting, plus I wanted to support the band. It is a great CD! I will review that one too, as soon as it arrives in the mail.

The main point of all this is that metal is still alive and well in the music world, especially if a band such as Lamb of God can debut at number two on the Billboard Charts! Lets hope that the album will continue to sell will in the following weeks.

No comments: