Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New Sepultura and Lamb of God in Early 2009!

Yesterday Lamb of God announced that their new album Wrath will be released on February 24, 2009.

Today the Brazilian metalers in Sepultura announced that the new album A-lex will be coming out on January 26, 2009.

I am relieved to hear that these two awesome metal bands will be coming out with CDs early 2009 as the CD Release list on the right was getting weak and I am getting antsy waiting for a heavy metal album that will blow me away.

Lamb of God has got to be one of the most relevant bands in metal today. Yes, I too, was a little disappointed by Sacrament. When I heard Redneck I thought, they found their groove, just like Pantera did! But when I got the album the rest of the songs were good and heavy, but there was something missing.

That groove that 75% of Ashes of the Wake had was missing. Cue track: What I've Become on said album.



Every time I put that song on I feel like partying, grooving and taking whiskey shots. That is the groove I want to hear on this new album Wrath!

As for Sepultura, the last album Dante XXI was one of my favorites the band ever put out. Andreas Kisser is a great guitarist and always has some very interesting riffs. I hope that A-lex which is based on the book/movie A Clockwork Orange is as inspired as the last effort!



2008 has been a great year for metal music from the greats (Testament, Metallica, AC/DC, etc.) Now it is time for the next generation to prove itself in 2009!

Oh and one more thing. Listen to The Metal Show tonight from 8-10PM!

P.S. GO VOTE IF YOU HAVEN"T ALREADY!

No comments: