Friday, January 22, 2010

Charred Walls of the Damned: "Ghost Town"

I already have the new album from the Charred Walls of the Damned supergroup featuring drummer Richard Christy (Death), vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens (Beyond Fear, Iced Earth, Judas Priest) and bassist Steve DiGiorgio (Death, Control Denied, Testament) on my home computer and iPod (legally of course!).

What you may be wondering is, is it actually any good? As of right now, I have to say it will definitely satisfy the later Death fans in sheer technicality and Ripper sings his ass off. However, the songs somehow fail to stick into my brain like a good song should.

I feel like this is one of those albums that takes repeat listens to appreciate though. Strangely enough I find myself liking the "slower" songs better than some of the fast ones...

You can check out a brand new video for the first "single," "Ghost Town" below. I can say that if you like this track, there are far better ones on the album.

No comments: