Saturday, December 19, 2009

Slipknot "Lite" Now with only 55 calories!


Wait a minute bartender I ordered a Budweiser!

The new Slipknot video for the song "Snuff" has been making its rounds on the Internet and I finally checked it out just now.

I got into the whole Slipknot game late and I'm not a huge fan or anything, but these seems like a perfect example of a band forgetting their history and isolating fans. I'm not one of those dudes who calls every band a sell-out for not making each album 100% brutal, but "Snuff" is just a lame ballad. Period.

(And I don't give a shit that there is cross-dressing or whatever, that's fine if the song is good).

From what I have gathered about Slipknot, who I have followed over the years, is that their fans are loyal to a band that was all about getting out anger and rage with insane live shows. This song live would be a total mood killer and if you are going for the cleaner melodic stuff, Corey Taylor's other band Stone Sour does it better than this.

Right now, it appears Slipknot has stretched its style too far, and hopefully (if the band ever releases another album) they will get back to a full-on aggressive album, then call it quits if they want to do the arena rock anthems.

But that's just my opinion. An example of Slipknot doing what it does best can be seen below.

P.S. If you want to see Slipknot's video for "Snuff", check it out here.

No comments: