Saturday, August 28, 2010

Skeletonwitch "Submit to the Suffering" in new music video

When I first heard Skeletonwitch in the video for "Repulsive Salvation" I wasn't all that impressed and thought this was the case of yet another overrated metal band.

Eventually I saw the band live and still wasn't impressed, due to the muddy sound quality and similar sounding tracks in the live setting.

And now, after hearing the song / watching the video for "Submit to the Suffering" off Breathing the Fire, I'm actually impressed! Not too long. Cool riffs and vocals. And good imagery.

Maybe I'll give Skeletonwitch another shot... check out the video below.

1 comment:

Rob Liz said...

Oh yes...you must give them another chance. I love these guys, especially the first album Beyond the Permafrost. It's dubbed blackened thrash and I can see why. Chance, the vocalist, does death metal and black metal vocals alternatively but it's coherent. And the thrash riffs are great. Easily one of my favorite ret thrash guys even if it's not pure thrash.