Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Perfect Circle rumored to reunite



I was first introduced to A Perfect Circle in what I remember as early high school by my guitar instructor Michael Curry (who worked at the great Ye Olde Guitar Shoppe in Urbandale).

Between goofing around and playing music, we also listened to great number of bands, and Michael was the one who got me into such metal greats as Pantera and Fear Factory. However, a slightly 'less metal' band he got me into was A Perfect Circle. He called it "some dark shit," if I remember correctly, and I would say he was right.

Mer De Noms is a masterpiece of an album in my opinion, which I enjoy almost more than anything Maynard James Keenan has done with Tool. I did like the band's second album, The Thirteenth Step, but can't say I still listen to it regularly, and even the covers album was decent.

I'm looking forward to see what the guys in A Perfect Circle can put together, since they have had time to recharge since breaking up in 2004. This should be interesting, at the very latest, and something I would keep on your metal/music radar.

No comments: