Saturday, January 30, 2010

Rotting Christ's "Aealo" is likely to be EPIC



Rotting Christ - "Noctis Era" from the upcoming album Aealo


In the latest issue of Decibel there is an article about the band Rotting Christ in which frontman Sakis Tolis says the new album, Aealo, has a variety of Greek instruments, including bagpipes and full-blown female choir.

The album sounds like it will be epic, but we will find out soon enough with the upcoming February 23 release date.

I have a limited knowledge of black metal as a whole, but Rotting Christ is one of those bands that has always stuck out to me as being truly unique whether you dig the genre or not (or its message for that matter).

Check out the player and another classic track below.



Band email marketingQuantcast

1 comment:

Rob Liz said...

I agree as I'm not huge into the black metal scene either. But if it's a band that goes beyond the norm and actually expands beyond it I'll give it a listen. Dimmu Borgir comes to mind.