Sunday, November 8, 2009

Strange Metal Sub Genres: Arnold Schwarzenegger Metal

I just saw a post on Blabbermouth.net about a band called Schwarzenator that is releasing a self-titled EP.

This means that there are now 3 (if not more) bigger metal/punk parody bands that revolve around the legendary action hero and governor of California's fame. The strange thing is I don't mind some of the music these bands create, although ArnoCorps seems the most legit.

The new Austrian Death Machine album Double Brutal is fun to listen to while hanging out with friends, but I might be biased since I love me some Schwarzenegger movies.

And Schwarzenator is just insane.

Check out what each band has to offer below:

ArnoCorps "Total Recall":



Randy's Commentary: Traditional punk-metal with a Youtube user created highlight reel is a win in my book.

Austrian Death Machine "Who Told You You Could Eat My Cookies?":



Randy's Commentary: Jingle All the Way is one of my all-time favorite holiday classics and a smash box office hit, so this song was a no-brainer.

Schwarzenator "Conan":



Randy's Commentary: A song about Conan the Barbarian sung by a band wearing Conan O' Brien masks, what more could you ask for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

schwarzenator!